PHOENIX – The new Mercedes SL500, a $90,000 roadster that goes on sale in the U.S. next month, will more than double sales of its antecedent, the gullwing 300SL that debuted back in 1954. See related story Dave Schembri, Mercedes vice president-marketing, forecasts the ’03 SL500 will achieve a volume of 10,000 in 2002 and grow to 11,000 units next year. Competing in a growing segment, the SL500 will help the category soar from 27,353 units last year to 34,381 in 2002. Schembri says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes SL500 to Bolster Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.