PHOENIX – Bristling with state of the art engineering, the fifth-generation Mercedes SL500 is, arguably, the most technologically advanced car ever produced – in addition to the sort of power, outstanding design and ride quality befitting a $90,000 roadster. On sale in the U.S. next month, it is a descendant of the gullwing 300SL launched in 1954. See related story The ’03 SL500 can transform itself from coupe to roadster in 16 seconds. It has a 5L SOHC V-8 that develops 302 hp at 5,600 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes SL500 is Technological Showcase" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.