WASHINGTON – A boxfish served as the design inspiration for the Mercedes-Benz Bionic Car, a highly aerodynamic concept vehicle unveiled by DaimlerChrysler AG at its Innovation Symposium exposition here. “Our engineers thought about the exciting idea of combining the aerodynamics of a fish with the look of a car,” says Thomas Weber, head of research and development for the Mercedes Car Group. Mercedes Bionic Car The sleek, front-drive, 4-door van, which was developed in about three ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Unveils Compact Minivan Concept" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.