DETROIT – DaimlerChrysler AG’s Mercedes-Benz unit unveils the Vision GST Grand Sports Tourer concept cross/utility vehicle here today at the 2002 North American International Auto Show. The 6-seat sports tourer, as Mercedes calls it, features wedge-shaped styling and rear-hinged butterfly doors that open 90 degrees, offering easier accessibility for rear passengers. The all-wheel-drive model is powered by a 5.5L V-8 360-hp AMG engine. Mercedes is coming off another record-setting year in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Unveils New Vision" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.