SAO PAULO – Mercosur leaders want the European Union to put auto trade-pact negotiations on the fast track. Exports and imports of vehicles between the EU and Mercosur countries have seen a significant decline due to economic recessions in both regions. The basic concept is for the Mercosur countries of Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay to concentrate on sales and production of compact and subcompact models, while European countries place emphasis on more upscale vehicles. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercosur Countries Anxious for EU Auto Pact" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.