With confirmation that it will build an upscale, Mercury-badged Windstar derivative, Ford Motor Co. exploits a small segment that is getting smaller in terms of competition. "The minivan market represents more than 1 million units," Mercury says. "and growth is expected in the $30,000-plus luxury market." Mercury Monterey Currently, the luxury van segment – as defined by Ward's – has three competitors: Oldsmobile Silhouette, Volkswagen Eurovan and Chrysler Town and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercury Moves Up in Minivan Segment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.