The mass movement toward consolidation continued last week as pairings involving six automotive suppliers took shape. Meritor Automotive Inc., looking to expand its presence in Europe and its overall industry position, completes the acquisition of LucasVarity plc's Heavy Vehicle Braking Systems (HVBS) division for $390 million in cash. Meritor says the HVBS business will become part of its Heavy Vehicle Systems and Worldwide Aftermarket businesses. Meanwhile, Eaton Corp. agrees to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Meritor, Eaton, Goodyear Make Moves" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.