Meritor Automotive, which pioneered the one-piece roof module on the DaimlerChrysler MCC Smart car, is pushing the concept globally and now has development agreements with four automakers. The Troy, MI, supplier isn't identifying the customers, except to say they are considering the modules for '04 cars and light trucks in different parts of the world. Currently, roofs are stamped, formed and welded to the body early in the process. Meritor proposes that bodies be built only with roof ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Meritor Opens Lid on New Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.