The well-worn movie script of a vehicle's brakes suddenly giving out may be made obsolete thanks to a technology being developed by Meritor Automotive Inc., one of many advancements in braking systems the Troy, MI-based supplier has planned during this decade. Meritor foresees using electronic sensing and communication technologies to predict “when the brake or brake system needs servicing and alerting the driver or fleet that service is required at the next logical location,” says Paul M. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Meritor Puts On the Brakes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.