DETROIT -- Metaldyne Corp. has been winning a fair amount of business since it was formed a year ago, but the company is particularly proud of a $200 million contract it won to produce two transmission clutch modules for a major North American auto maker. The Plymouth, MI, supplier will forge, machine, assemble and ship $200 million worth of content to its auto maker customer, beginning with the ’05 model year. It marks the first time the customer has handed off this work to a supplier. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Metaldyne Adds Business" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.