Production of cars and trucks in Mexico totaled 153,488 in September, down 10.2% from the 170,998 units made during like-2000. Output for the domestic market accounted for most of the decline, off 25.6% (32,100 vs. 43,163) from year-ago, while outturn bound for foreign markets hit 121,388, a dip of 5.0%. Nine months into 2001, output is running 2.3% behind year-ago’s 1,430,293-unit total. Production at General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. in September was flat (0.4%) with like-2000’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexican Output Down 10.2%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.