Production of cars and trucks in Mexico totaled 145,334 units in June, down 11.2% from the 163,658 vehicles built during like-2002, Ward’s data indicates. Chevy Silverado sales in Mexico declined 3.8% in June. Output for the domestic market dragged down overall production results with a 29.7% decline to 34,055 vehicles from year-ago’s 48,475. Outturn for foreign markets nearly matched like-2002 results as production fell 3.4% shy of the 115,183 units assembled year-ago. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico June Output Down, Sales Up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.