March light-vehicle output in Mexico tumbled 27.9% to 113,376 vehicles, as domestic builds fell 44.8% to 19,389 units and export production slid 23.1% to 93,987. The Detroit Three’s combined output slipped 29.0% to 63,287 units, with all the auto makers posting declines. Chrysler de Mexico LLC’s saw the largest decrease, off 52.8% from year-ago’s pace, to 13,880 units. General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. and Ford Motor Co. S.A. de C.V. output dropped 23.4% and 7.3%, respectively. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Maintains Production, Sales Chill in March" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.