The 131,755 cars and trucks built in Mexico in January represents a 13.5% increase over year-ago figures (see date p.6). Last month's output was the largest since September. Production for foreign and native markets increased in January compared to like-1999 figures. The DaimlerChrysler Corp. unit of Grupo DaimlerChrysler Mexico SA posted the only decline in production among manufacturers. The automaker's output fell 14% during the first month of 2000 compared to year-ago results. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Production Rises 13.5% in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.