Mexico’s auto industry made a strong push in February to approach pre-2009 levels, as production totaled 172,233 vehicles, for a 66.4% surge compared with year-ago. But the sales picture was mixed. Production for export soared 72.5% to 137,249, while domestic output jumped 46.4% to 34,984. Production by U.S.-based auto makers more than doubled to 89,139 units, compared with like-2009. Output by General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. rose 64.9% to 42,989, while Chrysler de Mexico LLC’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Production, Sales Trend Upward in February" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.