Mexico’s production tumbled 42.5% in February, from year-ago, to 103,487 units, largely due to a 43.6% drop in export builds. Domestic output fell 38.9%, compared with like-2008, to 23,900 units. U.S. Detroit Three builds plummeted 57.3% to 39,329 units, with General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. sliding 33.4% to 26,063, and Chrysler de Mexico LLC dropping 50.4% to 13,156. While Ford Motor Co. S.A. de C.V.’s Hermosillo plant resumed production last month, following a furlough in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Sales, Production Continue Slump in February" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.