Mexican car and light-truck production in July jumped 15.5% vs. prior-year to 215,670 units, as builds for export climbed 14.7% and domestic output soared 18.8%, according to Ward’s data. The Detroit Three auto makers saw a combined 36.2% production gain, largely due to strong showings by Ford Mexico and Chrysler Mexico, which posted 65.1% and 70.2% increases, respectively. General Motors Mexico chipped in with a modest 6.9% jump in output. Asian auto makers didn’t fare as well in July. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Sees Double-Digit Production Growth in July" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.