Mexican car and truck assembly plants continue to crank up production, with March volume of 166,549 units 26.0% above like-1999's 142,158 (see data p.6). Total production for the domestic market was up 26.3% during the month to 45,975 units. Car and truck output for export rose 25.8% to 120,574. U.S. Big Three automakers saw volume rise 27.3% for the month, mostly due to a 33.2% gain in production for export markets. General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. hiked production a whopping 84.1% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Vehicle Production Remains on Rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.