BIRMINGHAM, U.K. – Amid plumes of dry ice and loud music, MG Rover takes the covers off its brand new sports car at the British Motor Show here. If power, rather than profit, is the measure, then the U.K.'s only volume car company is alive and well and truly back in business. Produced by the Group's MG Sport and Racing division, the new MG XPower SV car features a 465-hp 5.0L V-8. It has a top speed in excess of 200 mph (321 km/h) and can reach 60 mph (97 km/h) in less than 4.2 seconds. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MG Rolls Out the Firepower in New XPower SV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.