SHANGHAI — Michelin SA scales back its tire-making joint venture with Chinese partner Shanghai Tire and Rubber Co. Ltd. Major changes include the downsizing of registered capital from US$150 million to US$80 million, as well as the introduction of more investors from both sides. Shanghai Tire also will reduce the amount of assets it plans to sell to Michelin. News about Michelin's proposed joint venture has caused concern throughout China's tire sector. Industry officials have voiced ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Michelin downsizes new venture with Shanghai Tire & Rubber" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.