Michigan Gov. John Engler is lashing out at environmental groups that are trying to prevent General Motors Corp. from building the upcoming Chevrolet SSR pickup/sport truck at its Lansing Craft Centre facility due to emissions concerns. “The environmental groups are perfectly willing to put their interests ahead of the interests of the state,” Engler says. “It’s irresponsible and, I think, based on very poor science.” Engler adds he’s concerned production could be moved to another state if ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Michigan Governor Attacks Environmentalists Over GM Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.