AUBURN HILLS – Global Engine Alliance LLC, a joint venture between DaimlerChrysler AG, Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. and Mitsubishi Motors Corp., announces it will build its North American engine plant on a 260-acre (105 ha) site in Dundee, MI, near the Ohio border. The 450,000-sq.-ft. (41,806-sq.-m) facility will begin production of a new family of inline 4-cyl. engines for Chrysler Group small and midsize cars beginning in 2005. Chrysler President and CEO Dieter Zetsche refuses to speculate ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Michigan Lands N.A. Global Engine Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.