Michigan has regained the lead as the top vehicle-producing state or province in North America, after losing the crown for the first time to Ontario in 2004. However, based on a Ward's outlook, Ontario likely will retake the title by year's end and remain No.1 for some time to come. (See related data: Top Producing North American States/Provinces) Michigan, by far the largest vehicle producer in the U.S., this year produced 919,759 vehicles through April, while Ontario built 887,678 in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Michigan Retakes Vehicle Output Lead; Canada Not Far Behind" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.