SPARTANBURG, SC -- BMW of North America Inc. officials, gathered here for a press preview of the upcoming X5 4.6is SUV, were surprised but not alarmed to learn of Joachim Milberg plans to step down as chairman of the parent companyâ€™s board of management, effective May 2002. The anticipated move comes roughly one year ahead of schedule. Milberg was thrust into the chairman's role in 1999 following a boardroom coup that ousted then Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder for failing to turn around ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Milbergâ€™s Plan to Step Down Lauded as BMW Flies High" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.