DETROIT – Despite last week’s unveiling of a drastic restructuring plan to close plants, eliminate jobs, cut pay and exit profitless sectors, Delphi Corp. Chairman and CEO Robert “Steve” Miller says he hopes to avoid painful downsizing and that talks are continuing between Delphi and at least one of its labor unions. “As we speak, right now, my senior labor-relations people are meeting with one of our principal unions to continue the discussions toward a solution,” Miller says in closing a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Miller Says Delphi Solution Still Possible" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.