TOKYO — Japan's mini-vehicle sales hit an all-time high in the fiscal year ending March 31. The Japan Mini Vehicle Assn. reports a total of 1,908,700 units were sold last year, the second straight year of increases. Mini-vehicles are classified as cars and trucks with engines smaller than 0.66L. Last year broke 1990's all-time record of 1,902,721 units. Sales of mini passenger cars in 1999 swelled by 21.7% to a record high of 1,275,752. Commercial mini-vehicles rose 3.3% to 632,948 units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mini-vehicle sales lead industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.