Neither winner of the 2003 North American Car and Truck of the Year awards is made in North America. The Mini Cooper/Cooper S, a brand returned to the U.S. market this year by owner BMW AG, wins the 2003 North American Car of the Year award from an international group of automotive journalists at this week’s Detroit auto show. And Volvo Cars’ XC90 SUV fights off three other finalists to win as the North American Truck of the Year. The 2003 wins are the first for either marque. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mini, Volvo Grab 2003 North American Car, Truck of the Year Awards" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.