Mitsubishi Motors Corp. portents a potentially game-changing twist for hybrid-electric vehicles (HEVs) and pure electric vehicles (EVs) with its new generation of in-wheel electric motors. Mitsubishi’s latest in-wheel motor design was shown at the Detroit and Geneva auto shows this year on separate concept cars designed to highlight the innovative technology. Powered by under-floor lithium-ion batteries, the pure EV chassis is totally devoid of engine, transmission and mechanical ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Advancing In-Wheel Motors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.