CANBERRA – Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd. is refusing to comment on Japanese press reports that parent Mitsubishi Motors Corp. will include the Australian operation in making 4,500 job cuts worldwide. The Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper says Mitsubishi plans to reduce its payroll 10% as part of a restructuring plan to be announced April 30. It says 1,000 jobs will be lost in Japan, with the rest of the cuts coming out of operations in Australia, the U.S. and Europe. Mitsubishi Australia ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Australia May Cut Jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.