CANBERRA – There's renewed speculation about the future of Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd.'s car assembly plant following reports its Tokyo-based parent plans to consolidate global production operations. Mitsubishi Motors Corp., 37% owned by DaimlerChrysler AG, is to announce a new business plan intended to ensure its recovery from a string of difficult years that have seen losses continue to pile up. That is expected to impact some of Mitsubishi’s overseas operations. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Australia Plant Up for Review?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.