ADELAIDE – Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd. reports a A$16.1 million ($8.4 million) profit in 2001 and says it is on track to fare even better this year. Revenue in 2001 rose a healthy 4.3% to A$2.58 billion ($1.74 billion) from a previous A$2.47 billion ($1.69 billion). Last year's profit was a dramatic turnaround from the struggling auto maker's loss of A$186.4 million ($97.3 million) in 2000. Still, CEO Tom Phillips says that, as a return on investment, last year's earnings were far ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Australia Sees Strong Growth in 2001" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.