Mitsubishi Motors Corp. will invest $1.4 billion in its Normal, IL, assembly plant over the next three years to add production of the next-generation Montero sport/utility vehicle, says Pierre Gagnon, executive vice president of Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc. Mr. Gagnon also predicts MMSA U.S. sales will soar to 300,000 vehicles by 2004. The importer already is enjoying a strong 1999, with sales projected to be up 33.4% to 250,000 units. Much of that growth is due to the Galant, up ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi to Build SUV in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.