Earlier Japanese press reports indicated MMC would use Freightliner’s 700 North American outlets to double its annual sales to 10,000 units. MMC, which didn’t comment on the targeted sales figures, currently has 150 affiliated dealerships in the U.S. and sold 5,400 trucks with a 2- to 4-ton payload capacity in the U.S. in 2000. There were unconfirmed news reports last week that MMC and DC were considering spinning off Mitsubishi’s truck business into a separate subsidiary to be 30% owned ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Considering Outsourcing U.S. Truck Sales to DC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.