Mitsubishi Motors Corp. will cut the second shift at its Normal, IL, assembly plant beginning Sept. 24, a company spokesman tells Ward’s. The layoffs will take place in conjunction with a planned 2-week hiatus in total production at the facility, which will take place beginning Sept. 17, with single-shift production resuming Oct. 4. The shift reduction will impact approximately 1,200 hourly workers and cut output at the plant by 71,000 units, to 149,000 units annually. Mitsubishi is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Cuts Second Shift at Normal Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.