CHIBA, Japan – Mitsubishi Motors Corp. President Osamu Masuko is urging greater cooperation between the nation’s electronics, communications and automotive industries if Japan hopes to remain competitive with vehicle manufacturers in emerging countries. “We can’t divide ourselves vertically by industry,” Masuko says in a speech at the recent 2010 CEATEC Japan electronics trade show here. “Electric vehicles will be the embodiment of information technologies.” The auto maker this month ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Exec Calls for More Cross-Industry Cooperation; Nissan Details Leaf Range" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.