Mitsubishi Motors Corp. faces a rocky road after DaimlerChrysler AG’s announcement today that the company has decided not to pump any more money into its beleaguered Asian alliance partner, in which it holds a 37.5% stake. The decision, a complete reversal from what had been anticipated, stunned industry observers and marks the first public display of major shareholders dissatisfaction with the German auto maker’s global strategy. It also brings disarray to CEO Juergen Schrempp’s Asian ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Future Uncertain as DC Forgoes Investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.