Mitsubishi Motors Corp. announces its next-generation Lancer Evolution sport sedan, going on sale this fall in Japan and in the U.S. in early 2008, will feature a dual clutch transmission system. Twin Clutch SST (sport shift transmission) uses two clutches in place of a traditional automatic transmission’s torque converter to allow for fast, smooth gear changes, similar or faster than those experienced with a manual transmission, which the vehicle also will offer. The Twin Clutch SST’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi to Offer Twin Clutch Transmission on Lancer Evolution" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.