Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has outlined a plan to return the Japanese auto maker to profitability by 2006 that keeps its sole U.S. assembly plant, in Normal, IL, open. Normal escaped the fate of a car assembly plant in Japan and an engine and foundry plant in Australia that will be shuttered as part of MMC’s new plan to cut about 20% of its global workforce over the next two years. Mitsubishi builds a number of cars at Normal that includes Eclipse Spider. Mitsubishi’s new Chairman and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Rescue Plan Spares Normal Plant, for Now" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.