Mitsubishi Motors Corp. sells its 7.93% stake (43.5 million shares) in Malaysian auto maker Proton for 396 million ringgit ($104 million). The sale brings additional support to Mitsubishi’s ailing balance sheet. The auto maker recently raised its full-year loss forecast and is in the midst of developing a restructuring plan to right its course. The sale does not include the 7.93% stake held by parent Mitsubishi Corp.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Sells Proton Stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.