Mitsubishi Motors Corp.’s shareholders vote unanimously in favor of a spin-off of the auto maker’s truck unit. Although the division, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Co., is profitable, Mitsubishi officials say there are few synergies between the truck and car making units. Mitsubishi will get about $1 billion from selling shares in the unit. Some $917 million of debt will be transferred from Mitsubishi to Mitsubishi Fuso in the transaction. DaimlerChrysler AG is paying Mitsubishi about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Shareholders Vote for Truck Spin-Off" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.