SAN FRANCISCO – Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is delaying the completion of a capacity expansion at its Normal, IL, manufacturing facility as it mulls what products to build there, top MMC officials tell Ward's. The auto maker has announced plans to expand capacity at that plant, increasing annual production to 300,000 from current levels of 250,000. (See related story: Mitsubishi Expanding Normal, IL, Plant) “We’re looking for alternative cars that may be right for that plant,” says Steve ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Studies Capacity, Platforms" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.