United Auto Workers union personnel at Mitsubishi Motor Mfg. of America Inc.’s Normal, IL, assembly plant approve a 31-month contract. Hourly workers had been without a contract since Aug. 29 when their previous deal expired. The Normal factory produces the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Galant and Endeavor models. The contract, which was ratified by 77% of UAW Local 2488’s members, reportedly increases base wages 2% in 2006, and 3% in 2007. The UAW represents some 2,800 workers at the Normal plant.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi, UAW Reach Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.