CANBERRA – Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd. announces a A$19 million ($11 million) upgrade at its Lonsdale, Australia, plant to produce a new 3.8L V-6 engine to power the new Magna. The auto maker is spending A$900 million ($538 million) to develop and build the new Magna (sold as the Diamante in some markets) as well as a second new car. They will be released in 2005 and 2006, respectively. The upgrade of the plant will begin during the scheduled holiday shutdown in December and be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi to Upgrade Aussie Engine Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.