TOKYO — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. may be in talks to expand its ties with AB Volvo to include a broad range of operations in the mid-sized truck sector, Japanese reports suggest. While Mitsubishi is not confirming the reports, a company spokesperson says the automaker has been conducting a feasibility study on a possible cooperation in the development of mid-sized trucks since October 1997. Should a linkup come to fruition, Mitsubishi and Volvo would work closely in the joint development, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi, Volvo discuss truck partnership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.