Katsuhiko Kawasoe, president of Mitsubishi Motors Corp., said last week that Volvo Cars desires to end its joint venture factory known as NedCar when the current contract expires in 2004. The JV was established in 1991. NedCar, located in Born, The Netherlands, assembles the Volvo S40/V40 and two models of the Mitsubishi Carisma on a shared platform. Mr. Kawasoe says Volvo wants to use a Ford platform for the next generation S/V 40. However, a Volvo Cars spokesman in Gothenburg, Sweden, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi: Volvo to End Dutch JV in 2004" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.