The state of the automotive plastics industry is mixed. Once seemingly an unstoppable juggernaut in the world of automotive materials, plastics suppliers are dealing with rising raw-materials costs, the possible elimination of high-profile components and renewed competition posed by lighter and stronger grades of steel and aluminum. Even though Saturn is known for its plastic body panels, its new Relay minivan has steel sides. However, plastics likely will continue to benefit as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mixed Bag for Plastics" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.