October U.S. light-vehicle sales suggest mixed success for the industry’s new faces, according to WardsAuto data. The next-generation Nissan Versa, which debuted in August, contributed to a 52.7% jump in the nameplate’s deliveries, compared with year-ago. Similarly, the all-new Kia Rio helped boost its sales by 14.5%. Demand for Volkswagen’s newest models, the redesigned Passat and Beetle, skyrocketed in October, compared with like-2010. Beetle deliveries, excluding cabrio totals, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mixed Reaction to New U.S. Models" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.