Mitsubishi Motors Corp. names Rolf Eckrodt as its new president and CEO, a move seen as strengthening DaimlerChrysler AG’s grip on the Japanese auto maker. Eckrodt, a German and DaimlerChrysler appointee, has served as chief operating officer. Current President Takashi Sonobe will become chairman as part of the shakeup, scheduled to take effect June 25. Sonobe says in a release that he wanted a change in the top ranks in order to expedite the MMC’s turnaround program, although the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MMC Appoints Eckrodt to Top Post" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.