PARIS – Mitsubishi Motors Corp. and PSA Peugeot Citroen are discussing production of low-cost small car for emerging markets, according to a report in the Nikkei newspaper in Japan. The discussions involve a small car priced at about $11,000, to be built in volumes reaching 400,000 to 500,000 per year. The small car, based on Mitsubishi minicar technologies and powered by gasoline engines displacing 1.0L-1.3L, presumably would be sold alongside the midsize car PSA will build in Vigo, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MMC, PSA Reportedly Discussing Tie-Up on Emerging-Markets Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.