Mitsubishi Motors Corp. spins off its truck and bus operations, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp., to concentrate on its passenger car business. The spin-off will "substantially reduce interest-bearing debts," says MMC president and CEO Rolf Eckrodt, and allow the auto maker to better take advantage of its alliance with DaimlerChrysler AG. Eckrodt says DC will invest directly in Mitsubishi Fuso, owning a 43% stake, which it will purchase in March for ¥89 billion ($747.8 million). DC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MMC Spins Off Truck Operations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.